A new era of student motorsport begins in
NGLC stands for Nomadic Guild LEVA Challenge. LEVA is our Light Electric Vehicle Association, founded in 2021 to help us deliver talent to the emerging electric vehicle market segment. Together we have developed NGLC to promote and award student excellence in the STEM fields, with a focus on clean, renewable energy and electric vehicles.
Technology development in the field of electric transport is accelerating, with more powerful and efficient drive motors, more capable battery systems and smarter control and management computer systems. The technology of tomorrows motor industry is very much set in electric power. NGLC is an arena where students and industry can come together to engineer tomorrows future.
To compete in NGLC, teams are required to purchase an FIA-certified racing go-kart which is petrol powered, and convert it to electric power. Teams are given rules, guidelines and regulations that they must abide by. On April 19th, 2024, all teams will meet at a track (TBA) and go head-to-head with each other to see who built the most capable kart!
The core objectives of NGLC is to design, develop, test and deploy solutions in electric vehicles and renewable energy systems. Fundamental objectives include:
- creation of all all the electronic systems which an electric race kart will need to function
- design the software systems for all the key operation points within the vehicle
- manufacture all parts and elements required to convert a petrol kart to electric
- develop monitoring systems that transmit vehicular information to a team ground station
Friday, April 19th
- Arrival & welcome
- Team assessments
- First practice sessions
Saturday, April 20th
- Sponsors morning keynotes
- Morning practice
- Afternoon qualifying session
Sunday, April 21st
- Morning practice
- Afternoon race
- Awarding ceremony
Questions? We're here to help
If you have any questions about NGLC, don't hesitate to contact us, we're happy to help.